Keeping It Real; The B Side of Life
Keeping It Real With The B-Side
Keeping it real…the things that make me human…aka the things I don’t/wouldn’t brag about on Social Media…
I wish I’d beenI want to be a better mom…and step-mom
- My parents divorced when I was 3. My first divorce occurred in my early 20’s…my 2nd after almost 20 years of marriage
- I could have been a better wife the first two times…good news is I’m nailing it this 3rd time around 🙂
- My dad had his first heart attack when he was only 36. He died in 2014 from a combination of chronic lifestyle-related diseases…heart issues, COPD, and diabetes. I didn’t appreciate him nearly enough when he was here…miss him dearly now.
- I’ve lived at over 25 different addresses
- The restaurant/retail business was overwhelmingly exhausting. I let the stress consume me, causing major burnout and numerous health issues…which I luckily overcame
- Materialism and what other people thought, used to play too big a role in my life
- This list could go on and on…
So, to wrap it up, I’ll just say…I’ve quit before I should have, not started early enough, tried to control too much, been too hard on others, been too hard on myself, failed and went backwards – but I’ve also kept on going, took the first step and then the next, let others lead me, apologized, practiced empathy and found compassion, succeeded and continue to grow.
Life is a blessing. It’s wonderful and yet sometimes difficult. It’s rewarding and yet sometimes feels punishing. But it is a gift, and it is all ours to live. Be careful what you do with yours but don’t be afraid to live it. Treat it as precious, but live it to the fullest. And know that it’s never too late to improve it.
Keeping It Real ~ Amy