Health Recipes – Eggcellent Dishes
Mushroom & Asparagus Frittata
- 6 egg whites and 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten in bowl
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup asparagus spears, sliced diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 1 green onion, white and green parts chopped fine
- Olive oil spray or one tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (use 1-2 tablespoons dried if you don’t have fresh)
- Fresh melon, seasonal fruit slices or sliced tomatoes (optional for side garnish.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a non-stick oven-proof skillet, heat oil and sauté mushrooms and asparagus until asparagus starts getting crisp (about 3-4 minutes.)
- Add in green onion and continue to sauté another minute.
- Salt and pepper lightly then pour in the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the basil on top.
- Place the skillet into the oven and bake for about 5 minutes until center of frittata is “set” and the edges easily pull away from the skillet.
- Remove skillet and slide frittata onto plate or cutting board.
- Let cool for a few minutes then slice into wedges.
- Serve with sliced fruit or tomatoes on the side.